Depression. Anxiety. Trauma-related issues. Life transitions. Stress. Grief and loss. Whatever the motivation for seeking a therapist as you navigate difficult life circumstances, I am passionate about helping you move forward from inaction to action, from victimhood to empowerment, from being entangled in and held back by the negative experiences of the past to creating a deeply satisfying life in the present, and to envisioning and creating the future you desire.
I specialize in a holistic approach to therapy that takes us beyond the traditional model of talk therapy. My extensive training allows me to draw from a rich and creative array of modalities in working with individuals and couples. Utilizing a variety of therapeutic methods I will help you to bring about significant and lasting change on a cognitive, emotional, and somatic level.
I am committed to listening deeply, without judgment, to meeting you where you are, and to asking powerful questions. I will help you to hear yourself in new ways, and provide tools that will allow you to contend with your current circumstances and take bold new steps in your life. Already within you is your deepest wisdom, the best guide to the unfolding of your unique life. My role is to help you hear that wisdom and realize your truth, your strengths, and your dreams.
As a process-oriented therapist, I am interested in the dynamics of how you live your life, how you get through your day, where you struggle, and what gets in the way of you functioning at your best. While your history is important, what is more relevant is how it is alive within and affecting you in the present. I work with a process orientation, noticing connections and disconnections, from yourself, others, from life, always respecting your innate healing potential.
Experience and Background
I am a licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) and psychotherapist with over two decades of experience counseling adults, adolescents, and couples. I have comprehensive training and experience in psychotherapy, Somatic therapy, Core Energetic training, mediation, and organizational development and team building. I am certified in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and in Debbie Ford’s Best Year of Your Life and Blueprint Shadow coaching.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, State of Massachusetts, continuous since June 2002
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, State of Vermont, June 1997 – Jan. 2003
- EMDRIA Certified Therapist, EMDRIA, Austin, TX, effective Nov. 2009
- Licensed Integrative Life Coach, Ford Institute, San Diego, CA, June 2008
- Natural Processing, Parts I, II, III, Atlanta, GA; Bozeman, MT, 2015-2017
- Integrative Life Coach Training, Ford Institute, San Diego, CA, 2007 – 2009
- EMDR Clinical Training I and II, EMDRIA, Austin, TX, 2005 – 2006
- Mediation Training (36 hrs.), Mediation Works Incorporated, Boston, MA, 2003
- Critical Incident Stress Management Training, ICISF, Baltimore, MD, 2002
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator Professional Program, New York, NY, 2001
- Leadership Effectiveness Training, Livingston Manor, NY, 1999
- Supervisory Training, Shalom Mtn. Retreat Ctr., Livingston Manor, NY, 1999 – 2000
- Training in Process Therapy, Shalom Mtn. Retreat Ctr., Liv. Manor, NY, 1997 – 1999
- Human Interaction Laboratory, NTL, Bethel, ME, 1990
- Core Energetics Professional Training, New York, NY, 1995 – 1997
- Process Therapy Prof. Trng. Prog., INST. OF PROCESS THERAPY, NY, NY, 1991 – 1995
- M.A. Counseling Psychology, Antioch N. E. Graduate School, Keene, NH, 1993
- B.A. Natural Resources, CORNELL UNIVERSITY, Ithaca, NY, 1983
Scheduling and Insurance
I offer therapy sessions Monday through Friday. Payment can be handled on an out of pocket basis or through many types of health insurance as either an out-of-network or in-network provider.
I am also a certified life coach offering individual coaching for adults and one of the few Certified EMDR Clinicians in the Newburyport area.
Contact me to schedule an appointment
You must be logged in to post a comment.